Le Dîner en Blanc - #stayhome & COOK 2
Right now, the entire planet is on hiatus. Cinemas, cafes, restaurants, schools, businesses, events are temporarily suspended. And little by little, boredom takes place. At Dinner in White, we are aware of the importance of this quarantine and we have decided to face it with creativity and imagination.
Today, we are offering you the #stayhomeandcook version of Le Dîner en Blanc so you can enjoy an elegant dinner made of products easy to find in grocery stores at home. Without further ado, here is our second edition of #stayhomeandcook. Don't hesitate to organize a #beginning with your friends via video call.
As a starter or as an appetizer
- 180 g (1 can) drained tuna
- 50 g (5 tablespoons) tomato puree
- 1/2 cup (60 g) sour cream (may be substituted with 35% cream)
- 90 g (3/4 cup) grated cheese
- 4 eggs
- Salt pepper
- 30 g onions (1/4 cup)
1. Mix all the ingredients to have a homogeneous preparation.
2. Divide the preparation between mini muffin cups.
3. Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven at 180 ° C (350 ° F).
4. Serve chilled.
Grilled chickpeas with spices
- 1 can canned chickpeas
- 1 C. cumin
- ½ tsp. chili powder or paprika
- A pinch of Cayenne if desired
1. Start by draining the chickpeas through a colander and rinse them under running water several times.
2. Place the chickpeas on a plate covered with paper towel (place 2 papers) and also cover them with paper towel and dry well several times, you will notice that the skin will come off, remove it and throw it away.
3. When the chickpeas are dry, remove the paper and place them on the baking sheet.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and salt generously (use coarse salt). Add the rest of the spices.
5. Bake in an oven preheated to 400 F (200 C) for about 35-40 minutes.
Sardine and cream cheese spread
- 3 tins of sardines
- 250 g (2 cups) Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 squeezed lemon
1. In a food processor mix the sardines and the cream cheese
2. Add the lemon juice.
3. Chill around 2 hours before tasting.
Vegetarian quiche without dough (for 4 people)
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 60g (6 tablespoons) wheat flour
- 100g (3/4 cup) Greek yogurt
- 133.5g (1 cup) cherry tomatoes
- Mushrooms of Paris
- 30g (3 tablespoons) grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 pinches of fine salt
- 4 turns of pepper mill
1. Preheat the oven to 370 ° F / 190 ° C (th. 6-7).
2. Peel the mushrooms and cut them into quarters. Wash the cherry tomatoes and parsley.
In a very hot frying pan, brown the mushrooms with a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 min. Reserve the mushrooms when they are golden brown.
3. Beat the eggs with the fromage blanc. Gradually add the flour, then the milk. Salt and pepper. Then add the cooked mushrooms and mix well.
4. Pour the preparation into a silicone mold or a previously buttered mold. Then distribute the cherry tomatoes, pressing them lightly.
Chop the parsley then distribute it over the preparation. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake at 370 ° F / 190 ° C for about 30 min. The quiche should stand and start to brown.
NB: Vegetables can be replaced by what you have in the fridge, for example carrots or sweet potatoes or coriander or zucchini / cheese.
• 6 slices of household bread, the crust removed and cut into cubes
• 55 g (1/4 cup) butter
• 10 slices of bacon, thinly sliced
• 1 large romaine lettuce, shredded
• 1 egg yolk
• 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Lemon juice
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• 180 ml (3/4 cup) vegetable oil
• 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Capers, chopped
• 5 ml (1 tsp) anchovy paste or 2 anchovy fillets, mashed
• 3/4 cup (55 g) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the bread in butter for 10 minutes. Set aside on a plate.
2. In the same skillet, brown the bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Reserve.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, lemon juice and garlic. Add the first third of the oil drop by drop, whisking continuously. When the mayonnaise begins to set, add the rest of the oil in a drizzle. Add the capers, anchovy paste and a quarter of the cheese.
4. In a salad bowl, mix the lettuce, vinaigrette, croutons and bacon. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and pepper. Serve immediately.
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) frozen blueberries
- 2 cups (500 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 10 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 250 ml (1 cup) semi-salted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups (310 ml) sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) plain milk or yogurt
- In a bowl, mix the blueberries and 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of flour. Set aside in the freezer.
- In another bowl, combine the rest of the flour and baking powder. Reserve.
- In a third bowl, cream the butter with the sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until the mixture is smooth.
- At low speed, add the dry ingredients alternating with the buttermilk. Using a wooden spoon, add the blueberries and mix until they are evenly distributed in the dough.
- Pour the batter into the mold. Bake for about 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool on a rack and unmold on a large plate.
• 35 g (1/4 cup) unbleached all-purpose flour
• 30 g (3 tbsp.) Dark chocolate, chopped
• 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Brown sugar
• 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Cocoa
• 1 pinch of salt
• 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Melted unsalted butter
• 15 ml (1 tbsp) milk
• 1 egg yolk (see note)
1. Combine flour, chocolate, brown sugar, cocoa and salt in a microwave coffee cup about 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) Add the butter, milk and egg yolk. Mix until the dough is well moistened.
2. Bake in the microwave for about 40 seconds or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out with lumps and not completely dry. Let cool for 5 minutes.
3. If desired, place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the brownie and serve.
Be inventive, and you too, share your refined recipes concocted with everyday products. Take care of yourself !
#dinerenblanc #stayhomeandcook #debchezvous #debathome #restezchezvouscuisiner #cavabienaller
Leave a CommentLogin
Please log to your Member account to write on the wall: